Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My YouTube experience

Hello my Lovelies,

So today I thought I would write a special blog post about my YouTube experience. I have been on YouTube for almost three years and it has done a lot for me, personality wise as well as with my shyness and  self confidence.

Three years ago when I started youtube videos I had just gotten over a foot surgery and I couldnt go out and do anything over the summer because I was in a boot and couldnt take it off to do ANYTHING. So I was watching youtube videos and thought it would be fun to start doing my own. So I pulled out the camera I owned, that was really bad quality, and started my first video as a tutorial. That video is no longer on my YouTube because it was the worst video I had ever made and I decided taking it off was a much better idea. I did that for about two months before I went back to school and I kept it a secret from everyone other than my parents.

At school I was shy and didnt talk much to people I wasnt really good friends with. YouTube was my creative escape as well as my way to be myself and realize who I was. It didnt take long for me to start being crazy and funky and my all out self that I was only with my friends.

By the second year of doing videos I was having fun and my self confidence had taken a big boost. I dont get hater comments and if i do its rarely. All I get is praise and support and it made me feel great. Everyone at school started to see a change in the way I acted with people who werent my best friends. I also told a few people I did videos at this time, and I didnt get hate about it at all. They all supported it and actually wanted to be in videos with me.

This being my third year I have changed a lot. My videos have progressively gotten better because I have been making videos longer and know what to do, as well as gotten a new camera and other things that I needed to make decent videos. The one thing for me that hasnt changed is that I still do YouTube for creative fun and that no one really knows I make videos. The day people at school find out may be interesting because i dont know how people will receive it. But until that day comes I am sticking with it because it makes me happy. I love all my subscribers and honestly I dont know what I would do if I didnt have my YouTube. It is my life and I hope it will always be a part of it in some way shape or form.


I hope you all enjoyed this blog post. I had a good time writing it because its not something I talk about all that much all the time.

XoXo~ Kaylan

No comments:

Post a Comment